Tuesday, August 22, 2006

H-A-P-P-Y! Boy am I enthusiastic!!

In the meantime, I had the BEST tomato salad today. Whole Foods had a nice display of heirloom tomatoes. Yes, they are ripe and supposed to be those wondrous colors.
Does anybody need a reminder of how much tomatoes mean to this Super? If you've forgotten, read here.
I've spent a bundle of time with Hunglish since returning from sun & beach. Sunday we went to the studio to work a bit, then a good time was had cooking out that evening at The Boys' Abode (refresher on the boys: Hunglish, J, and Ooter). Somehow I always end up smokin' and drinkin' too much. Sunday was no exception and I -on occasion- get enthusiastic. Tomatoes are my true love, and The Mister calls me a Tomato Snob. I think this is a little unfair and have decided Tomato Enthusiast is better.
Today, I went to BestBuy with Hunglish, and I apologized for trying to enlighten everybody about the Amazing World Of Tomatoes. I'd taken a salad made with a couple of heirloom tomatoes and a dressing I'd made. In the meantime, I must have come off as some crazy tomato freak. "Try this! Now this one! Isn't it amazing the difference?!"
Such. A. Freak. Ha! Guess that makes me a Super Freak.
Hunglish and I make quite the interesting shopping pair: he's a 6'6" behemoth and I'm just scootin' in at a petite 5'1". My purchase of OK GO's Oh No is taunting me ...just...out...of...reach... on the ottoman. It must stay out of reach, because in all actuality, I bought it for The Mister.
How nice of me to buy him the album I've been dying for. He's been wanting it, too, and it looks better if I exercise self-restraint by not tearing into the damn thing. Actually, with all the crap they wrap those things with, if I start now, maybe I'll have it opened by the time he gets home.
I do it all for him.

1 comment:

Miss Scarlet said...

I LOVE tomatoes!