Friday, September 01, 2006

Bender weekend.

"All things in moderation." I don't mind a really hot day every once in awhile, nor do I mind a wind-blowing drencher... every once in awhile. In fact, the inconsistency makes me smile. We all have moods, why not afford that to Mother Nature?
I say, "Bring it on, bitch!"
Sure, it may put a damper on some long-weekend plans, but c'mon people, break out the creativity and eek out a great time anyhow.
Here are five examples of making the best of a rain doused weekend:

1. Call your friends, whip out the board games and adult beverages.

2. Get sexy with your significant other, fuck buddy or make your move on that girl/boy you've had your eye on. Go ahead, give 'em a call and see if their weekend is a washout as well.

3. Visit the remaining exhibits at the American History Museum. It's not the full spectacle, but with it being closed for the next two years, why not?

4. Although I am not a Shopper, snagging an umbrella and hitting Georgetown could make for an interesting time. When I worked in retail the rain kept Shoppers away as if somebody had shouted "Anthrax!" in the Senate. I predict small crowds and, as far as I am concerned, a better shopping experience. Take a go-cup.

5. Throw down. Along the same lines of #1, call everybody you know, send out an email, whatever. Make Hurricanes and Dark & Stormy's. Rally your friends for an impromptu, casual bender.

These may not be the most creative, but for a wash-out weekend, not too bad.
Any more ideas? I'd love to know what y'all have up the sleeves of your raincoat...

No comments: