Monday, September 18, 2006

Radio love.

It's my first day back and it feels great. I want more.
Of all my past forays, the job I miss the most is anything having to do with Radio. I love Radio, the truest form of media. When all else fails, there is radio.
I won't go into a spiel about how Clear Channel has ruined radio and left us with nothing more than skim milk: a watered down version of the real stuff.
What I will say is "good things come to those who wait." I waited and was ready as hell when an amazing woman called on me for some fill-in hours at my old radio stomping grounds. It's just fill-in craptastic work, but at the very least I get to breathe the musty, dank air of all that is Radio.
I'm truly excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Katie!!! Sooo happy for ya:-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you like your job. I know was unemployed for about 6 months. When I finally got a job, it wasn't just *A* job, it was a job I *wanted*. This led to a booty-shaking extravaganza the likes of which had not been seen in years. Enjoy that feeling.