Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The sweetest thing...

Most often when the insomnia strikes, I leave the bedroom. Years of lying awake have taught me a bed is for sleeping, and at any rate that is what I hope my brain gets tricked into believing. And it sure makes certain activities a bit more interesting.
Last night was a little different. As I started rolling out of bed to head off into the living room, The Mister sweetly reached for me in his sleep. Now how could I possibly leave that?
I scooted in close and kissed him. His eyebrows fluttered with a slight smile of recognition and a lovely, "Mmmmm..." was murmured.
In the dark, I watched awhile as he fell deeper into sleep and I kissed him again. This time, he turned his head as if he was looking for more. Such sleepy sweetness.

No comments: