Friday, September 08, 2006

No, no, no. NOT the horse tranquilizer.

I totally woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and was feeling quite the crank in my pants until I opened an email from Drinky.
I was munching on my cereal when I read his signature "Pip Pip and all that jazz". It made me snarf my Special K.
Special K is such a great cereal and when I was young my parents would tell me it was made Just. For. Me. For those who don't know, contrary to what I wrote yesterday, Super is not my real name. My name actually begins with a K, so it wasn't a far stretch for a little girl to believe a cereal with a big bold K and Special was made just for her. Add to that I was the Middle Child and wanted to latch onto anything making me a little more sparkly and you've got a recipe for a very special breakfast.
To this day, I flinch when The Mister reaches for MY cereal. It's involuntary that my first thoughts are, "Don't you be touchin' that! Does that box look like it's got your name on it? I don't think so; reach over there and have yourself a bowl of Fruit Loops 'cause you're crazy to think you can have MY cereal." Then reality reigns me in and realize I have to -EEK!- share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO! Be careful with admitting that you have initials or Stan Lee will throw you off the internet!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Damar!
Not to worry, my identity is safe.
How's Cardassia and the freedom fighters?