Thursday, September 14, 2006

"No, he get's his drugs like everybody else: from the guy on the corner."

I finally fell asleep around 6am this morning and was well into a bizarre dream when the phone rang. The dream was vivid, complete with color and background music.
... ... ...
The Mister and I had gotten roped into inviting my Evil-Sister-In-Law and her family (my bro-in-law and their two kids) out to my parent's cabin in rural West Virginia. They had worked it out so The Mister would drive the kids and I would be stuck driving the Evil SIL and BIL.
At first, I couldn't find the keys and was completely preoccupied with how we were going on a boat and I hadn't shaved my legs. Not to mention how I couldn't believe I was going to be stuck in a car with these wretched people.
After finding the keys, we squashed into my chariot and were off. I had Radiohead's OK Computer blasting in my stereo and left it that way even though ESIL and BIL both jumped out of their skins when I started the car. "Let 'em sweat" I thought.
About a half-hour into the drive I really started freaking out because it had become clear their mission was to convert me to Republican. They kept calling it an "intervention" and they were only doing it "because we love The Mister and can't stand to see you keep him on the dark side." Things were getting heavy with my explanations of how The Mister (and their Mother!) was Democrat before I ever met him, when ESIL asked, "Are you giving him drugs?"

... ... ...
You won't hear me say this very often, but thank goodness the phone rang to wake me. This bizarro dream was well on its way to a nightmare. Just the thought of being in a car with my ESIL and BIL is enough to keep me awake for the next three years, but throw in a political conversion and I will never sleep again.
The question, "Are you giving him drugs?" was not a far stretch though. Right before we got married, ESIL yelled at me I had to be The Mister's "drug dealer because that's the only way he would stay with you!" She topped it off with, "I was a teacher, we are taught how to look for these things!"
Crazy people. What's even more disturbing is ESIL thinks we're the nutjobs.

No comments: