Thursday, June 08, 2006

#19 Golden Glam

In an attempt to remain cheap and still cater to my vanity, I am going to color my own hair today. Yesterday I went to the drug store to peruse the isle of hair color. Good gracious, have they got all sorts of brands, colors, kits and caboodles!
At first it seemed safer to go with a semi-permanent (What does that mean? Semi-permanent is like almost-pregnant; you either are or you aren't.) Although the risk factor seemed lower with semi-permanent, I decided if I was going to jump in the pool, I may as well jump in head first. Let's see if I pull a Busta Rhymes and break my neck.
My selection was Clairol's Herbal Essences Bold 'N Brilliant Color, color #19: Golden Glam or Dorado Radiante. It is a "Level 3 Permanent" (?) and the box tells me it will allow you to, "express yourself fearlessly... with permanent color that won't trash your hair!"
Now that is speaking my language: it won't trash my hair.
We shall see what happens after I don my "professional colorist gloves" (which are very similar to the 100 count packages I buy for activities like toilet scrubbing) and let the goo sit on my head for twenty-five minutes.

No comments: