Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Blog-astinating.

A very special "Thank you!!" to Mrs. Doubtfire for helping me out yesterday. She rocks in a very cool, specific way. And yes, her boobs are fine. Damn fine. (read "Inherently Tidy" for an introduction and explanation)
*************************************
After spending the past two days bailing water out of my Mother-In-Law's basement crawl space, I am ready for a break. All I can say is that I'm glad she was out of town. She's a very (how should we put it?) high-strung, overbearing perfectionist, and as far as I'm concerned, downright scary. Thank goodness for cruises.
Like I wrote, I need a break. I want to yoga, take a bath and eat jello. But there is no break. Oh, no! This morning, I drove home with the express hope the water does not spill into the finished part of MIL's basement. I came home because today, my mother and sister are coming all the way from West-by-god-Virginia to visit. Moms will be leaving tomorrow to present at a conference in New Jersey and Sis will be staying for a week and a half. I'm very excited to spend time with Sis; she turns 16 this summer and I want her to have a great time.
Let's be clear, my apartment has become home to dust-bunnies that could chew your leg off. Perhaps because it's an old building, I have to dust twice a week to keep up with the bunnies. I have not been home since last Thursday and had not dusted since the Monday before that. It's been a week and a day and the bunnies have multiplied.
I've got work to do; lots of it.
The thing is, I'm tired. Exhausted from trudging up and down MIL's stairs, hauling buckets and not sleeping.
And here I am blog-astinating. Why dive in to the grunge when I can wait until the last minute to clean and lose my mind simultaneously? It will be quite the spectacle, I'm sure. We've all been there... that dark place where there's so much to do you just don't know where to begin. Slowly I am creeping up to that place.
Wish me luck! I'm off to do something else that doesn't need done. Maybe I'll alphabetize the dvd's. That's at least a little productive...

No comments: