Friday, June 30, 2006

Oh, I... Have you got nothing to say?

Weddings bring people together in celebration of two people's commitment.
Two great friends of ours got hitched this past weekend. Although there were a couple of SNAFU's, you know what happened, so I won't bore you with details about the flowers or dresses. A horticulturist I'm not and one look tell you I'm a far cry from "fashionista".
I'll get to the good stuff.

We all have 'sets' of friends. Friends from each of your personalities make up these different sets: college, work, childhood and bars. The wedding this weekend brought us together with people I had heard about for years, but had never met.
I swear, I am obsessed with these people. We'll call them The 441.
The 441 is made up of: Eggs and his wife Beauty; Cook and his wife Cool (also a Beauty, but that would get confusing).
We hit it off so well, I'm still not sure if they liked me or if they were blowing huge amounts of smoke up my ass.
You know, when you meet somebody and it goes so well -laughing, joking, serious, compliments, etc- you aren't sure if it was real? I spent almost 3 days with the New York crew, The 441, and I felt so comfortable; as if we'd known each other for years but freak circumstances like nuclear winter had kept us apart.
Hopefully they felt the same way about me. I swear, I want to visit them and vice versa. If I were closer, I think I'd stalk them. Instead, I'll just obsess. It's easier and cheaper; and we all know how I feel about being cheap.

No comments: