Monday, June 19, 2006

Compliments.

There are people in this world who just can not take a compliment.
I am not one of those people. I cherish them, cling to them and remember them always.
I may feign an "Oh, stop. Thank you." but I won't brush it off. My blush will let you know I truly appreciate what has been said.

Once I was told, "Your back is like a playground..." A girl does not forget that kind of flattery. And that is a story for another post.

This weekend, I was given a really great compliment.
Sunday, Hunglish and I were taking a break from studio work and recapping the weekend. On Friday late afternoon, I went to Hunglish, J and OO's house to hang out. Hunglish and J were hanging out before Hunglish went to bartend and The Mister had just called to say he'd be working late.
These are guys who grew up with my husband. It could be weird for their friend's wife to be hanging out without their friend, but they make me feel like I fit. And, I enjoy going over to their house to play.
Back to Sunday... Hunglish was smoking in the parking garage of the studio and I needed some air. He said something to the effect of, "I'm glad you're my buddy and not just 'The Mister's wife' who is cool. I mean, I think we're buddies. You're like a little dude." I thanked him and agreed that I thought we were cool. Then Hunglish topped it with, "The boys and I have talked about this before and we like hanging out with you just as much as The Mister. Like we don't have you over just because you're his wife."
Why, thankee, Hunglish!
It was a compliment that could have been weird, but was given with surprising finesse. I'm hanging on to that -whether or not he was stoned out of his mind and has no recollection of what he said, I'm keeping that tucked in my back pocket.
(By the way, Hunglish, smoking cigarettes is gross and will kill you. Another Super Powers PSA, only because I care.)

This is me and Hunglish in the aforementioned parking garage. I let him hold the camera.

No comments: